Welcome to www.MakeMECrafts.com.
Please read these conditions carefully before using www.MakeMECrafts.com [the Site]. By using the www.MakeMECrafts.com website, you signify your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions [user agreement]. As well as the terms and conditions set out below you should also refer to the terms and conditions of each individual shop [sellers] as set out on their seller profile or product page before making any purchase.
1. Membership Details
www.MakeMECrafts.com is a non-profit organisation setup for charitable purposes. www.MakeMECrafts.com is a venue for registered users to buy and sell handmade products and supplies that comply with our policies. www.MakeMECrafts.com is not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers and does not transfer legal ownership of the items between buyers and sellers. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more member, you release www.MakeMECrafts.com and the entirety of our staff, (officers, directors, agents, and employees) subsidiaries, and joint ventures from any and all claims, demands, and/or damages of every kind under every circumstance. Membership is not necessary to use www.MakeMECrafts.com to browse the shops, their products and make purchases. Registration is free and is a requirement for sellers to list items on the site and maintain their shops.
By registering on the site:
• You acknowledge that you must be 18 years or older to use this site or establish an account and are able to form legally binding contracts. Under 18’s may use the services of www.MakeMECrafts.com under the strict supervision of a parent or legal guardian who is at least 18 years old. In all cases the adult is solely responsible for all activity carried out.
• You acknowledge that you bear sole responsibility for keeping your password secure. www.MakeMECrafts.com cannot be held accountable for loss or damage for failure to keep your details confidential. In the event that you forget your password you may reset it via the login page.
• You must ensure that all information provided is accurate and up to date including a valid email address. To sell items on www.MakeMECrafts.com you must provide and maintain valid information for your PayPal account.
• You must not transfer your account or username to another party. If registering as a business you are guaranteeing that you have the authority to bind into this agreement. The use of more than one registered account is forbidden.
• You agree not to use www.MakeMECrafts.com for any illegal or unauthorised purpose.
• You agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
• You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links or any other content that you submit, post or display on the Website.
• You agree not to modify, adapt or hack www.MakeMECrafts.com or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with us.
• You agree not to solicit, harass or impersonate www.MakeMECrafts.com members.
• You agree not to transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
• www.MakeMECrafts.com retain the right to refuse access to the site to any person at any time and cancel inactive accounts. We reserve the right to change the membership requirements at any time. Suspended members are not permitted to use www.MakeMECrafts.com and or create a new account.
• www.MakeMECrafts.com reserves the right to modify or revoke any service for any reason at any time, with or without notice.
• The Service makes it possible to post images hosted on www.MakeMECrafts.com to outside websites. This use is accepted. However, pages on other websites which display images hosted on www.MakeMECrafts.com must provide a link back to www.MakeMECrafts.com from each photo to its photo page on www.MakeMECrafts.com.
• You can request to remove your profile at any time by contacting an admin.
• By uploading images and item description content to www.MakeMECrafts.com, you agree to allow other www.MakeMECrafts.com users to view them and you agree to allow www.MakeMECrafts.com to display the images and content on www.MakeMECrafts.com, or in emails from www.MakeMECrafts.com, and store the images, item description, profile and other content. You also agree to the use of these images to promote your products via a feature on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/MakeMECrafts, via our blog, via Twitter (MakeMECrafts) or other social media for advertisement purposes
• All www.MakeMECrafts.com graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks. www.MakeMECrafts.com trademarks, logos or name may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion.
By using the www.MakeMECrafts.com site, users are required to share certain information to complete transactions. For more details please review our Privacy Statement which forms part of this agreement.
3. Fee Policy
• Membership with www.MakeMECrafts.com is free and we do not charge any fees to buyers or sellers.
• Members selling through www.MakeMECrafts.com agree to donate a portion of their profits to the charity ‘Invest in ME’ (Charity No. 1114035) – these donations are managed at the seller’s discretion and are not charged as fees by www.MakeMECrafts.com. Should a seller be found to be in violation of this agreement, i.e. not donating a portion of their profits to ‘Invest in ME’, we reserve the right to permanently remove them from www.MakeMECrafts.com.
• You are responsible for paying all fees associated with your account – PayPal Transaction Fees are not part of www.MakeMECrafts.com and are the responsibility of the seller. Please ensure you take them into account when listing an item.
• We reserve the right to review inactive listings and accounts after a period of 6 months and where necessary remove items or accounts.
• We may change this policy at any time and any change will be effective 30 days after the date of the announcement and notification by email. Any fees in relation to a new service will be applicable from the launch of that service.
4. Selling on www.MakeMECrafts.com
• Only registered members of www.MakeMECrafts.com may open a shop to sell their handmade items. By listing an item in your shop you are responsible for ensuring that they comply with all legal regulations of the country of sale and the destination to which the goods will be sent. www.MakeMECrafts.com cannot offer legal advice and all responsibility to comply with these requirements rests solely with the seller.
• It is not a requirement that you must be HMRC registered to be able to list on the site. However if you are trading as a business for profit, i.e. you are not donating 100% of sale profits (sale price – materials cost) to charity, then it is recommended that you register as a sole trader as soon as possible. More information on running a business is available on www.businesslink.gov.uk
• All sellers must comply with UK product legislation, including the following:
o The General Product Safety Regulations
o The Toy Safety Regulations
o The Cosmetic Products Safety Regulations
o The Furniture and Furnishings Fire Safety Regulations
o The Nickel in Jewellery Regulations
o The Food Imitation Safety Regulations
o UK Food Law – The Food Safety Act 1990, The General Food Law Regulation (EC) 178/2002 and The General Food Regulations 2004
In all cases you should make sure your work complies with the above legislation. If in doubt contact your local trading standards office.
• It is your responsibility to ensure all contact details for your shop are accurate and up to date.
• It is the responsibility of you the seller to accurately describe your items and all terms of sale in your personal shop. Your listings may only include content relevant to the sale of that item. All items must be listed in an appropriate category with appropriate tags. Each listing must accurately and completely describe the item/items for sale in that listing. If the “in stock” quantity is more than one, all items in that listing must be identical. Each unique item must have its own listing. www.MakeMECrafts.com reserves the right to de-list or delete items that infringe legal requirements.
• All sellers are requested to outline the policies for their shop, e.g. refund policy, shipping, selling policies etc. These policies must be reasonable and be in-line with the main site policies. We reserve the right to ask sellers to amend their policies if required.
• If sellers wish to list items that will be custom made for the buyer then they must set out a reasonable timeframe suitable for the product at the time of listing. It is the seller’s responsibility to ensure that the buyer is kept informed at all times to possible delays. Sellers should not list more custom orders than they can cope with and may have custom items temporarily removed if waiting times become excessive.
• All sales are binding and the seller is required to ship the order promptly unless discussed directly with the buyer e.g. when purchasing items that will be made to order. Shipping charges must be reasonable in relation to the product and relevant handling and packing charges. Sellers must not charge excessive postage.
• There may be occasions where a sale needs to be cancelled due to non payment by the buyer or where it has been mutually agreed between the buyer and seller to cancel the transaction. In this instance the item can be cancelled and returned to your shop. Cancellations will be monitored and sellers found to be abusing the right to cancel will have their account suspended for review.
• Sellers who are non-UK residents may list items on the site provided that items are listed in £GBP with reasonable shipping costs and timescales which must be specified on the listing. All listings by overseas sellers must comply to the laws of the country to which the goods are being sent.
• Sellers may list edible items for sale on the site. It is the sellers responsibilty to ensure that they fully comply with all UK food Law which requires them to be registered with their local environmental health department. All listings must include relevant allergy advice. More information is available via the Food.gov website http://www.food.gov.uk/foodindustry/guidancenotes/foodguid/distanceguide
5. Buying on www.MakeMECrafts.com
• With the exception of specific www.MakeMECrafts.com Shops, www.MakeMECrafts.com is not involved directly with the transactions between buyers and sellers. As such, we cannot make any guarantees as to the quality, morality, legality and safety of the products that are sold. It is your responsibility to check the individual terms and conditions set out by the selling, including, but not limited to, refund and exchanges, shipping costs and terms of sale.
• Products sold on www.MakeMECrafts.com are aimed primarily at UK residents. www.MakeMECrafts.com makes no representation that any products sold through this website are appropriate or available for use outside of the UK. You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the products are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
• If you order goods from our site for delivery outside the UK, they may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
• As a buyer, you have a legal obligation to complete a transaction with a seller if you purchase an item. The sale contract is formed when you checkout. After the purchase you will receive a confirmation email. You are obligated to complete the transaction with the seller within 7 days after confirmation of your purchase by the seller.
• By purchasing an item you agree to be bound by the conditions of sale included in the item’s description provided that those conditions of sale are not in breach of this User Agreement or otherwise unlawful.
• Purchases are only retractable in exceptional circumstances, such as when the seller materially changes the item’s description after a purchase has been made, a clear typographical error is made, or you cannot authenticate the seller’s identity.
• As buyer, you must ensure that you are legally able to buy any item that you purchase on the site
Prohibited, Questionable and Infringing Usage; Restricted Activities
Your Activities which results in Your Information (or any items listed) on www.MakeMECrafts.com shall not:
• be false, inaccurate or misleading;
• infringe upon any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or intellectual property rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
• violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising); www.MakeMECrafts.com also does not permit the listing of items that have been identified as hazardous to consumers and therefore subject to a recall;
• be defamatory, trade libellous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing;
• be obscene or contain child pornography
• contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, Easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
• create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our ISPs or other suppliers; and
• link directly or indirectly to or include descriptions of goods or services that:
b) are identical to other items you have for sale but are priced lower;
c) are concurrently listed for sale on a web site other than www.MakeMECrafts.com, unless stock levels are appropriately managed, (this does not prevent linking to or advertising a www.MakeMECrafts.com item from another web site); or
d) you do not have a right to link to or include.
7. Breach of Terms
Without limiting other remedies available, www.MakeMECrafts.com may, without prior notice, limit your activity, immediately remove your item listings, warn the www.MakeMECrafts.com community of your actions, issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if:
(b) www.MakeMECrafts.com is unable to verify or authenticate any of Your Information; or
(c) www.MakeMECrafts.com believes that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, www.MakeMECrafts.com users or www.MakeMECrafts.com.
8. Legal Compliance
You agree to comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of our service and your listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of items. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
www.MakeMECrafts.com would like to keep your business. In the event a dispute arises between you and www.MakeMECrafts.com, please email us at and we will try our best to find a solution.
Any member disputes should be resolved directly with the buyer or seller involved. In the event that you have any right, claim or action against any other user arising from that user’s use of this website, you agree to pursue such right, claim or action independently of and without recourse to us, and you release www.MakeMECrafts.com (and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees) from all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, known and unknown, arising from or in any way connected with such right, claim or action.
Our administration reserves the right to change this Agreement at any time.